About the Prayer
Friday prayer (Salat El’Jumu’ah or El’Jum`ah صلاة الجمعة) is a congregational prayer that Muslims hold every Friday. The importance of this prayer has been stressed over the centuries as it is a time when a community can come together to increase awareness and vigilance about modern-day issues and problems.
For more info please click here
Why You Should Attend
- Gives you an opportunity to remember Allah (swt)
- Gives you an opportunity to spend time with fellow believers
- Increases your vigilance and awareness about modern issues
- Multiple opportunities to increase your spirituality
- Displays unity and strength amongst Muslim communities
O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly, yawm al-jumuʿah), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business, that is best for you if you know!
And when the Prayer is finished, then may you disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah, and praises Allah abundantly, that you may prosper.
Any man who performs Ghusl on Friday, perfumes himself if he has perfume, wears the best of his clothes, then goes to the mosque and offers as many prayers as he wishes while not harming anybody, then listens quietly while the Imam speaks until he offers the prayer, will have all his sins between that Friday and the next forgiven.